This boy thinks he would make a good witches cat! I beg to differ!!!
1 . He’s clumsy AF!
-he knocks things over and has broken countless pretty things with his clumping great leaps to catch flies and other items he assures me are for my nasty collections but then proceeds to eat them!
2. He has no respect for magickal items
– feathers, seed pods, drying herbs are all toys in his eyes, just this morning I found all my beautiful parrot feather cast around the house in a half chewed half played with manner.
3. He regularly burns his tail
- the smell of singed hair is a constant in my witch room from where he has caught himself on candles and incense sticks because he’s somewhere he shouldn’t be.
4. He licks his bum on my altar!!!!!
5. He knocks over my crystal grids.
-see no respect whatsoever!
6. He pushes offerings to the Goddess onto the floor for my dogs to eat.
-not sure whether this is a bad thing or not 😉
7. My Book of Spells is NOT a cat bed!!!!!
My cat is a git! But I adore him with my whole Heart!!!!
He will however sadly never make a good witches cat!
For the past three summers I have collected small items to reflect where i go and what i get up to during the summer. I start this process during my Beltaine ritual with cleansing and blessing a little storage jar and placing three wishes for the coming months inside it. Then at the end of summer during my Mabon ritual I will add all the items I have collected to a “gratitude spell jar” make an offering to the Goddess to thank her for a wonderful summer filled with perfect memories (hopefully) then seal the jar and place it on my altar for safe keeping.
these are my jars from 2016 and 2015. Continue reading
Warm blessing to you all at Midsummer
(image from Pinterest)
Beautiful Blessings to you and yours
(image from Pinterest)
Seek a balance in your life.
(art work by Wendy Andrew)
March 25th 8.30 pm turn out your lights!!!
– Affirmation Eggs –
One of my most favourite sabbat activities is affirmation eggs (my take on a fortune cookie). The first time I made them was for a coven ritual I wrote back in 2012, those eggs were no where near as pretty as these ones they were just simply dyed with food colouring in a single colour. Even then though the reaction from my then coven members was surprise at what I asked them to do with the egg that they had chosen.
I started reading the Stella Mayweather series by Camilla Chafer sometime in 2012-13
Then due to a deterioration in my mental health I stopped reading. Since I was little I’ve always had a book on the go sometimes I would read two or three from different genres. But while suffering with depression, books went out the window (not literately of course) I just couldn’t focus on a story or face looking at so many words on a page. Now I’m better and I’m feeling more focused I want to get back into reading and rediscover my enjoyment of books. Continue reading